Nominations open for 2010 Michigan Downtown Conference awards
on Wednesday,May 19,2010 15:05
Nominations are now open for the 2010 Michigan Downtown Conference awards. Sponsored by the Michigan Downtown Conference Partners, the awards honor achievements in urban design and downtown revitalization throughout the state. July 1 is the deadline for submitting nominations and the awards will be presented at the 2010 Michigan Downtown Conference in September.
All Michigan communities are eligible to submit nominations in a number of categories. Project-based categories include small- and large-scale Green Projects, Living Downtown and Innovation, among others.
The Innovation category will honor revitalization designs in a downtown or traditional commercial neighborhood district. Living Downtown entries will recognize the positive impacts of mixed-use housing projects on a downtown or traditional commercial neighborhood. These projects could include new construction or rehabilitation of an existing building, and should be compatible with the historic character of the downtown area.
The Main Street Awards categories cover design, organization, promotion and economic restructuring. There will also be a Manager of the Year and Volunteer of the Year Awards.
The Michigan Downtown Conference Partners consists of several statewide organizations including the Michigan Downtown Association, the Michigan Municipal League, the Community Economic Development Association of Michigan and the State Historical Preservation Office. Complete descriptions of the various categories are available at the conference website.
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.