Nominations open for 2010 Michigan Downtown Conference awards
on Wednesday,May 19,2010 15:05
Nominations are now open for the 2010 Michigan Downtown Conference awards. Sponsored by the Michigan Downtown Conference Partners, the awards honor achievements in urban design and downtown revitalization throughout the state. July 1 is the deadline for submitting nominations and the awards will be presented at the 2010 Michigan Downtown Conference in September.
All Michigan communities are eligible to submit nominations in a number of categories. Project-based categories include small- and large-scale Green Projects, Living Downtown and Innovation, among others.
The Innovation category will honor revitalization designs in a downtown or traditional commercial neighborhood district. Living Downtown entries will recognize the positive impacts of mixed-use housing projects on a downtown or traditional commercial neighborhood. These projects could include new construction or rehabilitation of an existing building, and should be compatible with the historic character of the downtown area.
The Main Street Awards categories cover design, organization, promotion and economic restructuring. There will also be a Manager of the Year and Volunteer of the Year Awards.
The Michigan Downtown Conference Partners consists of several statewide organizations including the Michigan Downtown Association, the Michigan Municipal League, the Community Economic Development Association of Michigan and the State Historical Preservation Office. Complete descriptions of the various categories are available at the conference website.
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.