Architects honored in Europe US
on Thursday,May 20,2010 19:05
The award season for architects is heating up, both domestically and overseas.
The Royal Institute of British Architects recognized architectural excellence in 102 buildings in the UK and Europe on May 19 in London.
The award-winning buildings include such eclectic creations as a small circular toilet for bus drivers in London, the Neues Museum in Berlin and an energy substation built for the 2012 Olympics.
Public spaces were also recognized and 17 awards went to schools and universities. The most-honored architectural firm was Rick Mathers Architects, which was recognized for four of its projects: the Ashmolean Museum, Corpus Christi College, LJMU Art & Design Academy and Towner.
Earlier this week, the Pritzker Architecture Prizes were presented in New York to Japanese architects Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa. The Pritzker dinner and awards ceremony was held at the Immigration Museum on historic Ellis Island. Among the duo's buildings are the Glass Pavilion of the Toledo Museum of Art and the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York City.
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Ranked among the Best National Universities in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Faculty members include 38 Fulbright Scholars, 20 Guggenheim Fellows, and 30 National Endowment for the Humanities Fellows.
- Received $115 million in funding for university research projects.
- Student to faculty ratio of 18:1.
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and College since 1956.
- Online Courses
- Offers career programs in accounting, cosmetology, massage therapy, physical fitness training, and more.
- Provides hands-on training led by instructors who have relevant, on-the-job experience.
- Each campus features a public salon and spa for student practice.
- Campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) and Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 11 campuses across California, Texas, Nevada and Idaho, as well as 8 additional Milan Institute of Cosmetology campuses.
- Financial Aid
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 11 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.