Graphic design firm launches program to give students international experience
on Thursday,May 20,2010 22:05
In an effort to help graphic design students gain a global perspective, San Francisco-based firm Markatos Moore has created an international design program called SUMMIT.
Through the program, American degree seekers will be selected to travel to various destinations around the world in order to survey global design trends. The program is slated to launch in June, when a total of six students will travel to the Netherlands to explore the Dutch design culture.
After their nine-day trip to Amsterdam and Utrecht, the students will utilize their observations to complete a project that uses design to solve an issue they see in their communities. These initiatives will be showcased in public gallery exhibitions in Los Angeles and San Francisco this September.
This year's participants were chosen by a panel of judges that includes designers from across the San Francisco Bay area. The students were selected based on their project proposals.
Peter Markatos, co-founder of the firm, told the news source that the program is intended to "give back to [the] community and inspire the next generation of designers to grasp what they can accomplish in the world through great design."
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.