Taiwanese government declares 2011 a year of design
on Tuesday,May 25,2010 17:05
After being named the host of next year's International Design Alliance (IDA) world congress, government officials in Taiwan have announced that 2011 will be the country's "year of design," the China Economic News Service reports.
In addition to the conference, the country will host a series of events that promote design value and Taiwanese innovation.
For the IDA congress, which will take place next October in Taipei, approximately 3,000 design professionals will travel to the country. Operating under the theme Design at the Edges, conference-goers will explore the ways fields such as science, technology and business use design as well as instances of overlap between different forms of design.
In preparation for the event and the year of design, representatives from Taiwan's Ministry of Economic Affairs are encouraging civilian organizations and municipal governments to pass a certification exam that will allow them to participate in the congress. So far, approximately 20 groups have passed the test, according to the news source.
Taiwan was selected from a pool of 19 cities in 13 countries to host the event. The IDA selected Seoul as this year's world design capital, according to the organization's website.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.