California design school to host Alice in Wonderland exhibition
on Monday,May 24,2010 23:05
In an effort to inspire creativity among budding designers, the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) is bringing its students down the rabbit hole.
Beginning this week, costumes, sketches, accessories and other articles used in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland will be on display at the school's Museum and Galleries. The one-of-a-kind exhibit will feature the work of Colleen Atwood, Sue Wong and Tim Brinn.
Among the most notable displays will be Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter fighter costume, a gown worn by Helena Bonham Carter's Red Queen and several outfits that were worn by Mia Wasikowska, who played Alice in the film.
In preparation for the event, students at the fashion design program at the school's four campuses across California were challenged to design costumes using the movie as inspiration under the supervision of professor and fashion mentor Nick Verreos. Their creations will also be featured in the exhibit.
The free exhibition of pieces from the movie and student designs will be open from May 27 to September 30.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.