New York doctor designs human bra
on Friday,May 28,2010 18:05
In celebration of the 100th anniversary of the bra, a New York City-based doctor will reveal an undergarment design that eliminates the need for the traditional brassiere.
Dr Kaveh Alizadeh, a plastic surgeon with an office on Park Avenue, has created the Naturabra, an internal procedure that works with a woman's skin to offer the lift and support of a bra inside her chest.
Alizadeh will make an appearance at the Fashion Institute of Technology's celebration of the 100th anniversary of the bra. Lori Thomas, a professor at the school, and Jene Luciani, a bra historian and author, will make presentations at the event. In addition, dozens of models will be on hand to showcase a series of periodic brassieres.
The modern bra was invented in 1910 by New York City socialite Mary Phelps-Jacob, who used fabric and ribbon to create an alternative to the corset that would be more flattering beneath a sheer evening gown. She patented her design in 1914 and laid the foundation for the $15 billion industry that exists in the U.S. today.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Flexible scheduling options are available.
- Offers programs in Business, Allied Health, and Information Technology.
- 2 campuses located in Levittown and Medford, New York.
- Programmatic accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.