IFLA to hold 54th congress in Montreal
on Friday,May 28,2010 19:05
Montreal will be the site of the 54th World Congress of the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA), which will be held in 2017. IFLA is the international body representing landscape architecture professionals from 62 countries.
Delegates from 32 countries unanimously voted for the Canadian city at the recent IFLA World Congress in Suzhou, China.
"I am thrilled by the delegates' decision. Creativity, innovation and knowledge are in Montreals DNA," said Helen Fotopulos, the executive committee member who is responsible for culture, heritage, design and the status of women of the City of Montreal.
The 2017 congress will see IFLA celebrate its 50th anniversary, Canada its sesquicentennial and Montreal its 375th. These interrelated events are expected to attract thousands of designers, architects and urban planners to the city.
The driving force behind bringing IFLA to Montreal was Mission Design, an organization that works to bring attention to Quebec architecture and design on a national and international scale. Its executive director, Alain Dufour, was part of the Suzhou delegation.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.