American Apparel relaunches California Select fashion line
on Tuesday,June 01,2010 20:06
Los Angeles-based clothing manufacturer American Apparel has relaunched its vintage fashion line, California Select. Furthermore, the company will begin by making a special, hand-selected collection of 100 designs available in its online store for the first time.
Since its beginning in 2007, California Select has sold tens of thousands of vintage fashion pieces both on EBay as well as its 44 exclusive retail locations worldwide. The company's buyers collect the vintage garments from warehouses and flea markets in an effort to celebrate classic fashion designs and provide styles that complement the company's basic garments.
American Apparel operates 280 retail stores in 20 countries, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
In explaining the reasons behind the decision, Iris Alonzo, a creative director for American Apparel, said, the company "decided to switch from the difficult auction platform to our own webstore, not only to showcase our vintage findings to our online shoppers, but also to better meet the growing demand for the line.
California Select's forays into vintage-inspired styles have become important sources of innovation in American Apparel's line. The recently released sheer rib lace raglan, among other styles, was developed after the success of a similar California Select pieces.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.