Winners announced in Design the Future Competition
on Tuesday,June 01,2010 17:06
LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A. announced the winners of its third annual Design the Future Competition, which challenged participants to create a concept for the mobile phone of the future.
More than 400 designs were submitted during the six-week competition with more than $80,000 in awards at stake. For the contest, LG Electronics co-partnered with crowdSPRING, an online marketplace for creative services ranging from graphic, web and industrial design to copy writing services.
First place went to a team of four second-year industrial design students at Virginia Tech. They created a smartphone that showcased detailed interface scenarios that they gathered from their own research. These four students will share in $20,000 and also received Autodesk Alias Sketch software.
The second-place entry was a mobile phone with 3D interface that connects the user's phone and the car to adjust in-car climate, control the infotainment system, check tire pressure and gauge the fuel amount, among other tasks. The creator is a professional car designer.
This year's competition also featured the presentation of the first Prop Mater's Choice Award which was given to Dua Xiong for his design titled the Flutter - a smartphone that fans open to reveal a LED touch screen that scrolls radially. The Flutter won the opportunity to be featured in upcoming film. LG also presented 37 honorable mentions with $1,000 each.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.