Black diamond ring has SATC 2 fans gasping
on Wednesday,June 02,2010 19:06
A five-carat black diamond ring has captivated audiences in the newly released Sex and the City 2.
The eye-popping piece of jewelry came from designer Itay Malkin, who collaborated with the movie's star-producer Sarah Jessica Parker and costume designer Patricia Field. The ring is set in 18 karat white gold surrounded by 80 round natural white pave diamonds. Malkin's ring was chosen from more than 20 other submissions.
The Itay Malkin ring was actually kept secret due to its importance in the plot. When Big captures the heart of Carrie Bradshaw in the final scene, he presents her with the ring, telling her he is giving her the gift "because you are not like anyone else."
"It was an honor to have my design chosen for such an emotionally important scene," says Malkin, who began his jewelry line in2002. The designer will produce identical copies of the ring in a limited edition series retailing for $10,000 each.
Itay Malkin is no stranger to Sex and the City as Sarah Jessica Parker wore several of the designer's pieces in the first movie. While many of his pieces feature black diamonds, his collection includes a wide range of styles. Malkin has showrooms in New York, Beverly Hills and Miami.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.