Black diamond ring has SATC 2 fans gasping
on Wednesday,June 02,2010 19:06
A five-carat black diamond ring has captivated audiences in the newly released Sex and the City 2.
The eye-popping piece of jewelry came from designer Itay Malkin, who collaborated with the movie's star-producer Sarah Jessica Parker and costume designer Patricia Field. The ring is set in 18 karat white gold surrounded by 80 round natural white pave diamonds. Malkin's ring was chosen from more than 20 other submissions.
The Itay Malkin ring was actually kept secret due to its importance in the plot. When Big captures the heart of Carrie Bradshaw in the final scene, he presents her with the ring, telling her he is giving her the gift "because you are not like anyone else."
"It was an honor to have my design chosen for such an emotionally important scene," says Malkin, who began his jewelry line in2002. The designer will produce identical copies of the ring in a limited edition series retailing for $10,000 each.
Itay Malkin is no stranger to Sex and the City as Sarah Jessica Parker wore several of the designer's pieces in the first movie. While many of his pieces feature black diamonds, his collection includes a wide range of styles. Malkin has showrooms in New York, Beverly Hills and Miami.
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.