Sikara and Co opens pop-up store on Bostons Newbury Street
on Tuesday,June 08,2010 19:06
Sikara and Co., a modern fusion jewelry company, has opened its second U.S. pop-up store on Newbury Street in Boston.
The store allows Sikara to open temporarily and market exclusive test collections before rolling them out nationally. Sikara's Boston location will feature globally-inspired designs from India, Mexico, Italy and Spain, among other countries. One test launch is Sikara Travel, a line of travel items and accessories, such as Thai silk laptop sleeves and leather passport holders.
The creator of Sikara, Mousumi Shaw, developed the idea in 2005 while studying at Harvard Business School.
"After spending six years living in Boston in my 20's, the international culture of this city inspired me to bring my vision to life," Shaw explained. "After the success we've seen with our first pop-up store in San Francisco, I knew Boston was a perfect fit for this new trend of store fronts."
Every piece in Sikara's handcrafted line is made of sterling silver and every stone is semi-precious. Each piece goes through 10 to 12 hands while in production. Sikara jewelry is sold in more than 250 stores across the U.S.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.