Elle magazine launches web series
on Wednesday,June 09,2010 21:06
Elle magazine has launched Premium Vintage, a new web series that explores how vintage designs influence current fashion trends, which premiered on June 8 on Elle.com. The series was created in a partnership with ELLE and Embassy Row, and is presented by Vanity Fair lingerie.
In addition to seeing top fashion designers and industry experts muse about fashion's love affair with vintage, the series will teach viewers how a little nostalgia goes a long way when it comes to today's trends. The series will also give tips on how to make old favorites more modern while explaining what to look for on vintage shopping excursions.
Hosted by former model and MTV contributor Andrea Grove Kaplan, each Premium Vintage episode includes a rotating cast of designers, stylists, fashion editors and celebrities who will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the industry.
For example, one episode was filmed during New York's Fashion Week. Elle fashion news director Anne Slowey interviewed designers such as Jason Wu, Tory Burch and Anna Sui about their vintage inspirations.
The series also features weekly how-to segments with industry experts explaining fashion topics such as recreating a runway look and how to add a vintage touch to your wardrobe. In addition to fashion, the series also features vintage-inspired hair and makeup tips from Elle's beauty editors.
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.