Shrek and friends encourage kids to get outdoors in new PSA announcements
on Thursday,June 10,2010 19:06
The USDA Forest Service and the Ad Council are tapping into the talents of DreamWorks Animation SKG to create a series of public service announcements featuring characters from the animated movie Shrek.
The Shrek spots are part of the USDA's Reconnecting Kids with Nature campaign, which is geared toward children ages eight through12 as well as their parents. According to findings of the University of Michigan's Institute for Social Research, kids in the U.S. are spending 50 percent less time playing outdoors than children did 20 years ago.
The PSAs will be premiered at the the Denver Museum of Nature and Science on June 12 - National Get Outdoors Day.
"I am very pleased that Shrek is joining the Forest Service team to encourage children to get outdoors and learn about all the neat things forests have to offer," said Forest Service chief Tom Tidwell. "It's important for parents and their children to enjoy the great outdoors."
To augment the campaign, the Ad Council and the Forest Service also plan to join with JMH Education to develop a school curriculum that will help elementary school teachers educate children about the forest and the outdoors.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.