Shrek and friends encourage kids to get outdoors in new PSA announcements
on Thursday,June 10,2010 19:06
The USDA Forest Service and the Ad Council are tapping into the talents of DreamWorks Animation SKG to create a series of public service announcements featuring characters from the animated movie Shrek.
The Shrek spots are part of the USDA's Reconnecting Kids with Nature campaign, which is geared toward children ages eight through12 as well as their parents. According to findings of the University of Michigan's Institute for Social Research, kids in the U.S. are spending 50 percent less time playing outdoors than children did 20 years ago.
The PSAs will be premiered at the the Denver Museum of Nature and Science on June 12 - National Get Outdoors Day.
"I am very pleased that Shrek is joining the Forest Service team to encourage children to get outdoors and learn about all the neat things forests have to offer," said Forest Service chief Tom Tidwell. "It's important for parents and their children to enjoy the great outdoors."
To augment the campaign, the Ad Council and the Forest Service also plan to join with JMH Education to develop a school curriculum that will help elementary school teachers educate children about the forest and the outdoors.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.