Canadian designers recreate UFC fighters
on Friday,June 11,2010 22:06
Prop designers for movies have to be versatile in their craft. Whether the production calls for a medieval sword, a futuristic laser cannon or a convincing fat suit to help revive a failing comedian's career, prop masters must be on top of their game at all times. Two designers from Richmond, British Colombia, showed what they could do by recreating an eerily accurate bust of UFC light-heavyweight Chuck "the Iceman" Liddel.
Twins Keith and Howard Lau, who are both graduates of the arts program at H.J. Cambie high school, are experienced props builders, having contributed to such productions as "I, Robot,"
Scary Movie 4" and "Smallville" through their Pipeline Modelshop Firm.
For the likeness of the 6'2" former light-heavyweight champion, the Lau brothers spent two months laboring in an effort to capture the trademark scowl and complexion of the fighting champion.
"In order for us to kind of show what we can do and not just show other people's work," Keith told the Richmond Review. "Chuck Liddell has such an interesting face and hairstyle. It would be such an interesting look, so we thought it would be nice to try and make our favorite fighter."
Liddel, a 205-pound mixed martial artist who is widely recognized for his Mohawk hairdo and scalp tattoo, has yet to see the likeness, but the Lau brothers plan to show it to him in person at an after-party following his bout during UFC 115.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.