British Art Student takes top prize at international student design competition
on Monday,June 14,2010 21:06
Student design competitions are an excellent way for hopeful design professionals to make a name for themselves and launch their careers in their chosen field. One design student that seems to have a bright future ahead of her is Rachel Youngman, a contemporary applied art student, who has taken top honors at a prestigious design competition hosted by furniture manufacturer and sales firm, Habitat.
Youngman, who studies at the University of Hertfordshire, was tasked with designing and creating a product that could prove to be a top seller at the sales chain. The company tends to focus on more unique and abstract slants to traditional furniture items.
Her winning design was a sizable vanity mirror that featured ornate sandblasted trees and leaves running the length of items frame, according to ThisIsLocalLondon.com. For her efforts, Youngman will be gain a week's worth of direct experience working with designers for Habitat and possibly see her design in stores in the coming years.
Other entries recognized in the international student design competition include Ashley Beeputh's origami paper bowls and Ruta Goitom's signature beach bag.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- Morning, afternoon, evening and weekend classes are available.
- Offers career assistance services to graduates, including resume and cover letter assistance, employer networking, and one-on-one employment counseling.
- 8 campuses located across California, with 3 additional campuses in New Hampshire and Maine and online options.
- Classes consist of no more than 8 students to ensure an efficient, thorough learning experience.
- Offers employee training solutions to large companies.
- A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Specializes in IT and Computer training programs.
- Campus is located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minute away from LAX.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2009.
- Offers career assistance and resource services to both students and graduates.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACCSC).
- 4 campus locations in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Oxnard, California, with online options as well.
- Has offered career-oriented degree programs in San Diego County, CA since 1978.
- Students get a new laptop and get to keep it as a gift upon graduation.
- Part of their stated mission is "educating people for rewarding careers".
- A private, non-profit school
- Monthly start dates let students choose when their program begins.
- Programs offered at 3 locations as well as online.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.