British Art Student takes top prize at international student design competition
on Monday,June 14,2010 21:06
Student design competitions are an excellent way for hopeful design professionals to make a name for themselves and launch their careers in their chosen field. One design student that seems to have a bright future ahead of her is Rachel Youngman, a contemporary applied art student, who has taken top honors at a prestigious design competition hosted by furniture manufacturer and sales firm, Habitat.
Youngman, who studies at the University of Hertfordshire, was tasked with designing and creating a product that could prove to be a top seller at the sales chain. The company tends to focus on more unique and abstract slants to traditional furniture items.
Her winning design was a sizable vanity mirror that featured ornate sandblasted trees and leaves running the length of items frame, according to ThisIsLocalLondon.com. For her efforts, Youngman will be gain a week's worth of direct experience working with designers for Habitat and possibly see her design in stores in the coming years.
Other entries recognized in the international student design competition include Ashley Beeputh's origami paper bowls and Ruta Goitom's signature beach bag.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Our objective is to prepare you for a life-long, successful career in Media Arts, Business or Information Technology. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible foundation that will serve you in your first job as well as throughout your career.
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.