National Design Museum names winners of 11th Annual National Design Awards
on Thursday,June 17,2010 22:06
Many art forms have award ceremonies that are viewed as the apex of their craft. For film actors it is the Academy Awards, musicians have the Grammys and professionals within the field of design have the National Design Awards. Funded by the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, the awards recognize the finest achievements of designers in fields like architecture, fashion, interior design and landscape, and have just recently announced this year's winners of the prestigious accolades.
Speaking at a press conference earlier in the week, Cooper-Hewitt director Bill Moggridge highlighted the skills and abilities of those names recognized by the awards.
"The context in which designers and design thinkers operate is expanding all the time, as evidenced by the work of these award winners," said Moggridge. "These design pioneers are committed to shaping how we live through design and their work truly responds to the pressing issues of the day."
In the category of architectural design, Kieran Timberlake took top honors, while fashion honors went to California-based design house Rodarte. William Sofield captured the interior design prize while landscape went to the James Corner Field Operations.
The awards will also honor those that have devoted their lives to their craft with the lifetime achievement award, with this year's honors going to noted designer Jane Thompson.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.