Designer Tommy Hilfiger hosts networking event scholarship program
on Friday,June 25,2010 21:06
Clothing designer Tommy Hilfiger recently showed his support for the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund through a $50,000 contribution to the initiative.
In addition, Hilfiger's company hosted the organization's Intern Social on Tuesday at its flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. This is the second year the designer has held the event, which was intended to serve as a networking opportunity for recipients of this year's financial aid packages.
A total of 56 fashion students recently received the $5,000 grants that will support them during their internships in New York city this summer. In addition to Tommy Hilfiger, some of these degree seekers will be working for high-profile designers such as Zac Posen, Calvin Klein and Donna Karan. Retailers including Ross Stores, Macy's and Phillips-Van Heusen are also hosting interns this year.
These internships focus on various aspects of the fashion industry, including design, production and marketing.
Ken Wyse, president of the scholarship fund, said that this program is intended to provide "a road map for the students to plan their future careers."
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.