Designer Tommy Hilfiger hosts networking event scholarship program
on Friday,June 25,2010 21:06
Clothing designer Tommy Hilfiger recently showed his support for the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund through a $50,000 contribution to the initiative.
In addition, Hilfiger's company hosted the organization's Intern Social on Tuesday at its flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. This is the second year the designer has held the event, which was intended to serve as a networking opportunity for recipients of this year's financial aid packages.
A total of 56 fashion students recently received the $5,000 grants that will support them during their internships in New York city this summer. In addition to Tommy Hilfiger, some of these degree seekers will be working for high-profile designers such as Zac Posen, Calvin Klein and Donna Karan. Retailers including Ross Stores, Macy's and Phillips-Van Heusen are also hosting interns this year.
These internships focus on various aspects of the fashion industry, including design, production and marketing.
Ken Wyse, president of the scholarship fund, said that this program is intended to provide "a road map for the students to plan their future careers."
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.