Asia Society Southern California recognizes designer Sue Wong
on Friday,June 25,2010 21:06
Sue Wong, a fashion designer who is best known for her evening wear, was recently honored by the Asia Society Southern California (ASSC) at the organization's 25th Anniversary Gala Dinner.
The dressmaker, who was born in Southern China, moved to Los Angeles when she was six years old. She discovered her love of fashion when she was training to become a painter and created her line in 1985. After 14 years of success, she launched her evening collection, Sue Wong Nocturne.
Wong's designs are created using couture techniques, and she is noted for her attention to small, elegant details. Over the past two and a half decades, Wong has established a celebrity following and gained the favor of stars such as Kelly Osbourne, Miley Cyrus, Anne Hatahway, Tyra Banks, Jessica Biel, Taylor Swift and Vaness Minnilo. Her designs are available in 26 countries across the globe.
Peter Shiao, a member of the ASSC's executive board and chairman of the organization's fashion, arts and entertainment division, said that Wong's "life and professional story is yet another testament to the strong synergy between the East and West."
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.