Neato Robotics releases new vacuum cleaner design
on Monday,June 28,2010 22:06
Representatives from California-based company Neato Robotics have announced the launch of a new home vacuum cleaner that is designed to clean consumers' homes when they are out of the house.
The Neato XV-11 uses a Room Positioning System technology to create a 360-degree map of a room. This plan leads the machine to clean the perimeter of a room first and strategically cover the interior using a back-and-forth motion.
Using lasers, the robotic vacuum creates the most efficient path for cleaning by taking walls, furniture, doorways and other obstacles into account. This technology allows the vacuum to trace and avoid items that are up to four meters away, while most similar models can only detect obstacles through impact.
The device also features a centrifugal compression impeller, which uses jet engine airflow technology to create suction while conserving energy. Additional features include low-profile access, scuff-free navigation, self-docking capabilities and a cleaning scheduler.
Max Safai, the company's CEO, said that the XV-11 is "designed to provide complete floor coverage so your high standards are not compromised" and may be "even more thorough than humans."
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.