Students enrolled in web-based art program win ADDY awards
on Thursday,July 08,2010 22:07
Individuals who are interested in art and design may be unaware of the opportunities an education at an online university can afford. Artists usually develop their skills through a bachelors degree program or other postsecondary training, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
An online school based in California, Academy of Art University, boasts students who have already won world-renowned advertising competitions. The two masters in fine art (MFA) students recently took home ADDY awards for art direction, one of the highest honors artists can earn in advertising.
The duo worked together on an a print campaign for Mission Bicycle in San Francisco, which won a Gold ADDY award. They were inspired by local cyclists, and created an ad in which riders make up the frames of their bikes, representing the close connection between the two.
Another project designed by the creative pair was for the adhesive company Blu Tack. The campaign won them both a Silver ADDY award.
The two critically acclaimed advertisements were designed in a creative concepts class led by professors at the academy who work for ad agencies.
My passion for and advertising has prepared me to work in different fields and has given me the ability to explore something new and different, said one of the students.
Currently, both individuals are working on creating their own agencies while finishing their masters in advertising.
Median annual wages of individuals working in advertising were $105,960 during the 2008-2009 fiscal year, according to the BLS.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.