New designer will premiere at London Fashion Week 2010
on Friday,July 09,2010 22:07
London Fashion Week is one of the most important events for international designers and models. One of this year's newest additions to the lineup of designers is Kate Williams.
The Australian designer began her career at Queensland University of Technology, where she earned a bachelors of fine art in fashion design. Before she completed her degree, Williams was a finalist in the Australian Fashion Design Awards. After graduating, she moved to England, where she attended the London College of Fashion to pursue a masters degree. While in school, the young designer was offered a position in the Golden Key Honor Society.
Williams is best known for her modern take on women's fashion. Her designs are inspired by all things space-age and futuristic. However, she often integrates soft touches such as sheer fabrics and lace to create clothing that is edgy and feminine.
Her latest collection, A La Mode, was constructed with fabrics such as jersey, nylon, cotton and wool to create a flattering and individual aesthetic. Most pieces are shown with bold jewelry and accessories.
This September, Williams will showcase her A La Mode collection at the prestigious Charing Cross Hotel in London.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.