Electric car company chooses California-based firm to redesign facility
on Tuesday,July 13,2010 21:07
Aptera, manufacturer of electric vehicles, recently announced that it will open a production facility in North County, San Diego. The company has chosen Ware Malcomb to design the new facility, which will produce automobiles that deliver the equivalent of more than 200 miles per gallon.
Aptera Motors, which was founded four years ago, develops and builds the most energy-efficient commuter vehicles in the world. The company uses streamlined aerodynamic design, lightweight composition structures and a unique driving system to deliver cars that are affordable and safe.
Ware Malcomb is a design firm that creates architectural, interior design and graphic design plans, as well as site development for clients internationally. Their services include the design of commercial offices, industrial, technology, healthcare, retail, auto dealerships, public/institutional and educational facilities, as well as renovation projects.
The firm will be providing architectural and interior design services for Aptera's proposed 200,000 square-foot corporate headquarters. The project will include a redevelopment of the site to accommodate a 270-stall lot for final product parking, a total of 200 stalls for employee parking and an outdoor break area, all of which will be spread over six acres.
The new facility is expected to have 45,000 square feet of office space, 12,000 square feet of research and development labs with product testing areas, 140,000 square feet of assembly and product staging and a 3,000 square-foot multipurpose room.
Ware Malcomb has 11 office locations throughout the U.S., Canada and Panama.
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.