Electric car company chooses California-based firm to redesign facility
on Tuesday,July 13,2010 21:07
Aptera, manufacturer of electric vehicles, recently announced that it will open a production facility in North County, San Diego. The company has chosen Ware Malcomb to design the new facility, which will produce automobiles that deliver the equivalent of more than 200 miles per gallon.
Aptera Motors, which was founded four years ago, develops and builds the most energy-efficient commuter vehicles in the world. The company uses streamlined aerodynamic design, lightweight composition structures and a unique driving system to deliver cars that are affordable and safe.
Ware Malcomb is a design firm that creates architectural, interior design and graphic design plans, as well as site development for clients internationally. Their services include the design of commercial offices, industrial, technology, healthcare, retail, auto dealerships, public/institutional and educational facilities, as well as renovation projects.
The firm will be providing architectural and interior design services for Aptera's proposed 200,000 square-foot corporate headquarters. The project will include a redevelopment of the site to accommodate a 270-stall lot for final product parking, a total of 200 stalls for employee parking and an outdoor break area, all of which will be spread over six acres.
The new facility is expected to have 45,000 square feet of office space, 12,000 square feet of research and development labs with product testing areas, 140,000 square feet of assembly and product staging and a 3,000 square-foot multipurpose room.
Ware Malcomb has 11 office locations throughout the U.S., Canada and Panama.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.