Retirement community site plan honored at building design awards
on Wednesday,July 14,2010 21:07
For several years, creative architectural design has been recognized at the Annual Gold Nugget Awards. The ceremony accepts entries from 14 states in the western portion of the U.S., as well as from many different countries.
Splendido, a resort-style retirement center in Arizona, received two Awards of Merit at this year's Gold Nugget ceremony. The Continuing Care Retirement Community was honored with Best Community Site Plan of 20 Acres or More and Best Interior Space.
The retirement center was a joint venture between Mather LifeWays, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of the aged, and Plaza Companies, an award-winning developer. Both organizations collaborated with architectural firm Solomon Cordwell Buenz to create the site plan.
Mather LifeWays worked alongside Interior Design Associates to oversee the community's interior space, which incorporates the heritage of the Southwest through the use of vibrant colors and furnishings.
"When designing the Splendido community, we wanted to find a way to intelligently utilize northwest Tucson's beautiful scenery and landscape and create a space where people could happily live for many years," said Sharon Harper, president and CEO of Plaza Companies.
The Pacific Coast Builders-sponsored awards recognize innovation in building design for residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.