Retirement community site plan honored at building design awards
on Wednesday,July 14,2010 21:07
For several years, creative architectural design has been recognized at the Annual Gold Nugget Awards. The ceremony accepts entries from 14 states in the western portion of the U.S., as well as from many different countries.
Splendido, a resort-style retirement center in Arizona, received two Awards of Merit at this year's Gold Nugget ceremony. The Continuing Care Retirement Community was honored with Best Community Site Plan of 20 Acres or More and Best Interior Space.
The retirement center was a joint venture between Mather LifeWays, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of the aged, and Plaza Companies, an award-winning developer. Both organizations collaborated with architectural firm Solomon Cordwell Buenz to create the site plan.
Mather LifeWays worked alongside Interior Design Associates to oversee the community's interior space, which incorporates the heritage of the Southwest through the use of vibrant colors and furnishings.
"When designing the Splendido community, we wanted to find a way to intelligently utilize northwest Tucson's beautiful scenery and landscape and create a space where people could happily live for many years," said Sharon Harper, president and CEO of Plaza Companies.
The Pacific Coast Builders-sponsored awards recognize innovation in building design for residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.