New designer to be featured at A La Mode international showcase
on Wednesday,July 14,2010 21:07
French designer Emmanuelle-Marie has been receiving very good praise as of late. She first created the label Malam three years ago, and has since been navigating her way through the fashion world.
Emmanuelle-Marie's original vision was for a refreshing new take on mainstream fashion. She sought to offer different and unique, yet wearable designs and prints.
The designer is known for using all types of fabrics to create her collections, but prefers vintage cloth. Her range of prints is often used on clothes with fun and flirty shapes, in both ready-to-wear and custom made garments. Some of her creations are limited addition.
Her collections, which are catered to both men and women, feature dresses, skirts, coats and jackets. All items are conceived and handmade in a studio, which is east of Paris.
Many of Emmanuelle-Marie's pieces are high-fashion, and display intricate prints in styles that women can wear every day, such as floaty dresses with bows and over-sized sleeves. These romantic items are often paired with biker boots, heavy make-up and gothic accessories to keep with the androgynous fashion trend of the summer.
The Malam SS11 collection, which will be debuting at the A La Mode international showcase, will feature an extensive accessory range as well.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.