New designer to be featured at A La Mode international showcase
on Wednesday,July 14,2010 21:07
French designer Emmanuelle-Marie has been receiving very good praise as of late. She first created the label Malam three years ago, and has since been navigating her way through the fashion world.
Emmanuelle-Marie's original vision was for a refreshing new take on mainstream fashion. She sought to offer different and unique, yet wearable designs and prints.
The designer is known for using all types of fabrics to create her collections, but prefers vintage cloth. Her range of prints is often used on clothes with fun and flirty shapes, in both ready-to-wear and custom made garments. Some of her creations are limited addition.
Her collections, which are catered to both men and women, feature dresses, skirts, coats and jackets. All items are conceived and handmade in a studio, which is east of Paris.
Many of Emmanuelle-Marie's pieces are high-fashion, and display intricate prints in styles that women can wear every day, such as floaty dresses with bows and over-sized sleeves. These romantic items are often paired with biker boots, heavy make-up and gothic accessories to keep with the androgynous fashion trend of the summer.
The Malam SS11 collection, which will be debuting at the A La Mode international showcase, will feature an extensive accessory range as well.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.