Online university brings art education to working professionals
on Friday,July 16,2010 14:07
Working professionals who wish to enter a career in art education may want to consider enrolling in an online university. Web-based degree programs offer busy adults the flexibility to earn a degree on their own schedule.
Online masters programs, such as the one offered by the University of Florida (UF) College of Fine Arts, provide learners with the opportunity to graduate in under two years.
Coursework for the online masters in art education degree program will explore digital media as an education tool, contemporary theory and practice, art history and teaching techniques. Through the curriculum, students will learn how to use digital technologies to deliver effective learning experiences.
"Without compromising the traditional humanity of art-making, our graduates will empower students to express themselves in ways not possible before," said Craig Roland, professor at UF.
The program also offers the Educator Preparation Institute track for individuals who are interested in teaching at Florida public schools.
The flexibility offered by this and similar online degree programs may best benefit educators who wish to continue teaching while they earn a degree.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment of teachers is expected to grow by 13 percent over the next eight years.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.