Shoe brand partners with jewelry designer to create 25th anniversary collection
on Wednesday,July 21,2010 20:07
When successful fashion brands reach milestones in their years of success, they often introduce a commemorative collection in honor of the company. For example, Via Spiga, an affiliate of the Brown Shoe Company, is celebrating its 25th anniversary by creating a couture shoe line with jewelry designer Kenneth Jay Lane.
The brand's 25th Anniversary Capsule Collection will represent the first ever partnership between the two parties. Via Spiga's creative director, Paola Venturi, worked with Lane to design the shoes, which will debut this fall.
Lane was working for Vogue magazine before he designed footwear collections for Delman and Christian Dior. When he began to embellish shoes with rhinestones, he developed an idea for jewelry. His designs have been worn by celebrities such as Jackie Kennedy, Nancy Reagan, The Duchess of Windsor, Madonna, Sarah Jessica Parker, Britney Spears and Nicole Kidman.
The Capsule Collection is inspired by some of Lane's most famous creations, as well as Via Spiga's sophisticated style. Each shoe will be adorned with one Lane's crystal-embellished snake ornaments.
"For 25 years we have been creating authentic Italian designs that the sophisticated American woman can wear every day, and we want to commemorate Via Spiga's anniversary with our customers," said Jay Schmidt, senior vice president of Brown Shoe.
The collection has been described as glamorous and wearable.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.