Austin Visual Arts Association celebrates member art
on Friday,July 23,2010 21:07
Each year, the Austin Visual Arts Association holds a show for outstanding artists in the organization. The nonprofit group, which was formerly called the Austin Contemporary Visual Arts Association, is composed of working artists and supporters of the arts.
This year's gallery will feature a new painting by Valerie Walden, who developed her talent with guidance from artists and instructors at the Austin Museum of Art, University of Texas. Her piece, titled I Hear the Whiestle Blowing, features a mountain-side train in Skagway, Alaska. The 12-by-36-inch painting is from her Alaska series, which also features images of glaciers and the ocean.
The 2010 Austin Visual Arts Association Member Show will run July 17 through August 7 at the Studio2Gallery in South Austin. The gallery will showcase paintings of landscapes, portraiture, still life, floral prints and animals. The pictures come in a range of mediums and techniques including abstract and representational pieces.
The art featured in this year's show was selected by Tina Weitz, owner of Studio2Gallery and Donna Crosby, artist and Austin Visual Arts Association president.
"I'm pleased to be part of the annual show again this year. It's like presenting with your extended family. But, there is always some surprising new work," said Valeria Walden.
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.