Austin Visual Arts Association celebrates member art
on Friday,July 23,2010 21:07
Each year, the Austin Visual Arts Association holds a show for outstanding artists in the organization. The nonprofit group, which was formerly called the Austin Contemporary Visual Arts Association, is composed of working artists and supporters of the arts.
This year's gallery will feature a new painting by Valerie Walden, who developed her talent with guidance from artists and instructors at the Austin Museum of Art, University of Texas. Her piece, titled I Hear the Whiestle Blowing, features a mountain-side train in Skagway, Alaska. The 12-by-36-inch painting is from her Alaska series, which also features images of glaciers and the ocean.
The 2010 Austin Visual Arts Association Member Show will run July 17 through August 7 at the Studio2Gallery in South Austin. The gallery will showcase paintings of landscapes, portraiture, still life, floral prints and animals. The pictures come in a range of mediums and techniques including abstract and representational pieces.
The art featured in this year's show was selected by Tina Weitz, owner of Studio2Gallery and Donna Crosby, artist and Austin Visual Arts Association president.
"I'm pleased to be part of the annual show again this year. It's like presenting with your extended family. But, there is always some surprising new work," said Valeria Walden.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.