Sacramento design companies build life-size playhouse for charity
on Friday,July 23,2010 21:07
In Sacramento, an adult community builder and a marketing company have partnered to raise money for charity. Del Webb, a building company that creates communities for adults over the age of 55 years, and Studio 81 International, a marketing and graphic design firm, have built a child-size dream home to be raffled off for charity.
The playhouse is fully furnished by professional interior designers from Studio 81 and has real home furniture, such as a built-in bookcases, loft, custom woodwork, refrigerator and flat screen television. The design theme is Dinger's Den, which will revolve around baseball since Dinger is the mascot of the Sacramento River Cats.
"This project also presents a tremendous opportunity for employee volunteerism and camaraderie. We are pleased to provide our services and talents to such a great cause and organization," said Del Webb division president Chris Cady.
All raffle ticket proceeds will be donated to HomeAid Sacramento, the charitable arm of the North State Building Industry Association. The nonprofit seeks to build and maintain dignified housing where homeless families and individuals can rebuild their lives.
Before the raffle, the playhouse will be on display at Raley Field from mid-July to August.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.