Port Eliot introduces new flower show
on Tuesday,July 27,2010 20:07
This year, British floral enthusiasts will have a new event to look forward to. The Port Eliot Flower Show, will be curated by production designer of the Rambert Dance Company, Michael Howells, who plans to pay homage to traditional British summer flower shows while adding a new twist.
The festival will feature competitions, flower arranging demonstrations, specially designed displays, a tea room and several horticulturists. The festival will take place within the Orangery at Port Eliot gardens.
Competitions at the festival will not conform to the usual etiquette of flower shows as prescribed by the National Association of Flower Arranging Society competitions manual. The judges, Kitty Arden, Lady Boyd, Michael Howells and Lady St Germans, are more interested in the creative imagination of entrants than technical mastery or precision.
There will be a total of 11 categories for adults and three for children. Qualifying applicants for the children's competition must be younger than 15 years old, and competition challenges include creating an arrangement in a thimble for a tea party of mice and an arrangement that depicts a great novel.
"I am incredibly excited about the wonderful array of speakers, performers and imaginative ideas we have brought together for this first ever Port Eliot Flower Show," said Howells.
Well known horticulturists such as Anna Pavord, author of the Tulip and Bulb, will be discussing gardens in literature, as well as many other related topics.
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Let Regent Lead The Way
- No matter your passion, you'll find your place at Regent! Choose from more than 95 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.