WNBA star launches image consulting company
on Tuesday,August 10,2010 23:08
Adults who wish to pursue a career in personal styling may benefit from a degree in fashion design orfashion merchandising. These professionals often work with high-profile clients who want custom outfits that complement their personality.
For example, image consulting and personal styling firm 4 Season Style Management will present a style installation at their invitation-only fashion show event. The show represents the launch of the firm, which was created by WNBA All Star Cappie Pondexter and her business partner and celebrity stylist, Lisa Smith-Craig. The firm caters to athletes, celebrities and everyday people who are looking to improve their image. Their services include styling for print, commercial, fashion shows, red carpet, special occasions and personal shopping.
"I love the art of fashion, the textures, the look of it, just like music, I eat, sleep and breathe fashion," said Pondexter.
The show will be hosted by super model Jessica White, and celebrities, as well as press will be present for the event. Designers such as ala Disposition, Jose Duran, Ivana Helsinki, Ben-Amun, Charles Alpert and Guillaume Hinfray will display their fashions in the show.
Attendees of the event will be treated to music by DJ Fadelf and DJ Eque, as well as gift bags with items from Ambi, Dr. Miracles, Marie Deneen Skincare, Sui Tsai Jewelry, Hair Rules, Atlantic Records and the WNBA.
Professional stylists and individuals in related fields held about 22,700 jobs during the 2008 fiscal year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.