London art gallery showcases photography based on sustainable energy
on Friday,August 13,2010 21:08
Adults who wish to launch a career in photography may want to consider enrolling in a design program at an art school. Photographers held about 152,000 jobs during the 2008 fiscal year, and employment is expected to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
In order to gain inspiration, many photographers attend art galleries, such as theprintspace in East London. This August, the gallery will be showcasing a collection of images from world-renowned photographer Toby Smith.
Last winter, Smith spent three months in the Scottish Highlands working on a project to document the renewable energy industry. The photographs he chose to use in his final collection include panoramas of daytime scenery and nature images that are lit by moonlight. He also documented hidden underground tunnels and turbine halls.
His display at theprintspace will be the first selection if his images from The Renewables project series, which combines outdoor landscapes with sustainable energy structures.
The BLS reports that on average, photographers earned between $20,620 and $43,530 during the 2008 fiscal year. Entry-level positions in this field often require a college degree in photography or a similar subject.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.