Photography association holds contest
on Tuesday,August 24,2010 21:08
Aspiring photographers may benefit from enrolling in art school. Curriculum for the courses in these programs typically covers important skills and information, such as the history of the camera, famous photographers and how to set up the perfect shot.
Individuals who are interested in launching a career in this industry may want to consider participating in photography competitions. For example, the London Photographic Association (LPA) holds a contest each year to find the best new talent.
All entries are displayed in the LPA gallery within 12 hours of application to the contest. After the publication of winners and finalists, all entrants and their images are added to the LPA database and the artists can be found in the Photographers Directory.
Winners of the LPA Awards receive a one-year free membership to the organization, an interview that is published on the association's website and the opportunity to apply to have their fine art prints sold through the 1839 Gallery. The LPA sends out press releases detailing all of its competition winners to the media, galleries, e-zines, magazines and commissioners of photography worldwide.
Those who wish to become professional photographers may benefit from the exposure provided by this and similar competitions.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.