Fashion Week promises to feature talented young designers
on Wednesday,August 25,2010 22:08
Fashion designers have a range of career options including launching their own line, working for a brand or creating custom clothes. These professionals often attend art school in order to gain valuable skills such as sketching, sewing and product merchandising.
Established designers often present their collections at fashion shows. This year's London Fashion Week will feature up-and-coming designers such as Ngozi Pere-Okorotie. The Nigerian native and London College of Fashion graduate is the creative director of Zed Eye.
Okorotie names Vivienne Westwood as her main source of inspiration. She grew up around clothing and design, as her mother ran a fashion academy.
Okorotie's editorial spread in Pride Magazine - a publication celebrating diversity - shows her level of creative ambition, as she gave African prints a high-fashion twist with vintage English styling. Her most famous piece came from her spring/summer 2010 collection. The three-quarter-length sleeve, floral-print, summer jacket has already been spotted on celebrities such as Kelis, Shengei - singer in The Noisettes - celebrity hairdresser Tara Smith and renowned British designer Henry Holland.
"I love the summer jacket so much and it has been the best buy within the Tribal Romance collection," she said.
Okorotie's latest pieces will be showcased at London Fashion Week's A La Mode show.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.