Festival celebrates digital art in Scotland
on Friday,August 27,2010 22:08
Digital art is a title that encompasses enhanced photography, graphic design, movies and other nontraditional media that created with technology. In an effort to promote this art form, the annual international festival North East of North - which is better known as NEoN - will be held in Dundee, Scotland this year. The theme of each event and exhibit is character.
This year's program will showcase various elements of digital art, including design, sound, moving images, animation and music. In addition to the displays, attendees can participate in workshops and design competitions.
"We have created something wholly new which incorporates even more content and a much wider variety of topics," said Donna Holford-Lovell, chair of NEoN. "The theme for 2010 is character - exploring the abstracted or physical agent in a work of art, investigation of the fictional or psychological systems and observation of the unit of information, symbol, sound or written language."
A series of public debates, salons and workshops have been planned. The discussions will explore topical issues that are faced by creators and consumers of digital content. In addition, a range of hands-on sessions will give participants the chance to find out more about the latest software and technologies from the world's leading digital companies.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.