Hijab designer launches new collection
on Monday,August 30,2010 21:08
Fashion designers held approximately 22,700 last year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). In order to be successful, these professionals often attend art school, which teaches them skills such as sewing and product merchandising. This career allows for creativity, and fashion designers can make any type of clothing.
For example, Aab, a fashion company from the UK, designs Hijabs, which are traditional head coverings worn by Muslim women. In celebration of Eid - a Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the holy month of fasting - Aab is launching a line of Hijabs in stylish new hand-dyed prints.
The Pre-Eid collection also features a mixture of abayas and jilbabs for both work and special occasions. The hand-crafted garments include items made from organic cotton and pure silk.
This new collection also has a light and airy Kaftan with delicate hand embroidery along the neck line and cuffs. In addition to the new styles, Aab is introducing clothing in a new color called Gooseberries, which is a light purple.
According to the BLS, designers earned an average of $61,160 during the 2008 fiscal year.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.