New York festival celebrates art influenced by jazz
on Thursday,September 02,2010 21:09
Jazz musicians and artists in New York have an annual festival returning to Brooklyn. The Visual Arts and Jazzfest, formerly known as Visual Expressions on Jazz, will begin this week and continue through mid-October.
This year's theme, Jazz Moods and Melodies, focuses on the relationship of the various styles of visual arts and jazz music. The festival will include the annual two-and-a-half-month-long exhibition at multiple venues in Manhattan and Brooklyn. More than 130 works will be displayed by emerging, established and master visual artists, including Tafa, Eric Girault, Ademola Olugebefola, Betty Blayton Taylor, Sadikisha Collier, Jamillah Jennings and many others whose work is dedicated to jazz music.
"Jazz music and visual arts have many similarities," said Gwendolyn Black, festival creator and producer. "This festival is very important for visual artists to get their work presented before a broad audience of art and jazz lovers, network and enable the public to see how this music has touched so many other areas of the arts."
For the past 10 years, this event has been at the forefront of presenting the visual side of jazz music.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.