New York festival celebrates art influenced by jazz
on Thursday,September 02,2010 21:09
Jazz musicians and artists in New York have an annual festival returning to Brooklyn. The Visual Arts and Jazzfest, formerly known as Visual Expressions on Jazz, will begin this week and continue through mid-October.
This year's theme, Jazz Moods and Melodies, focuses on the relationship of the various styles of visual arts and jazz music. The festival will include the annual two-and-a-half-month-long exhibition at multiple venues in Manhattan and Brooklyn. More than 130 works will be displayed by emerging, established and master visual artists, including Tafa, Eric Girault, Ademola Olugebefola, Betty Blayton Taylor, Sadikisha Collier, Jamillah Jennings and many others whose work is dedicated to jazz music.
"Jazz music and visual arts have many similarities," said Gwendolyn Black, festival creator and producer. "This festival is very important for visual artists to get their work presented before a broad audience of art and jazz lovers, network and enable the public to see how this music has touched so many other areas of the arts."
For the past 10 years, this event has been at the forefront of presenting the visual side of jazz music.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.