Photography competition promotes iconic images
on Wednesday,September 01,2010 22:09
Professionals and amateur photographers can benefit from participating in contests. Photo competitions often offer monetary prizes and some contests even offer promotion of the winner's images.
Competitions such as the one being held by Langham Hotels International, encourages people to capture an iconic moment in a creative and imaginative way at any Langham destination worldwide. The winner will receive four nights stay in any Langham hotel around the world and Cathay Pacific business class return tickets for two. Each of the nine finalists will win a two-night stay in the destination where their original moment was captured.
"Every destination has icons that stand out and we want people to capture the most striking moments in an original way," said Bob van den Oord, vice president of sales and marketing for Langham Hotels. "This competition is designed to get everyone thinking about iconic visions which will excite other people to travel to these places."
The competition is open to photographers from across the world and all styles of photography are welcome. The deadline for submitting photographs is November, and winners will be announced in January 2011.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
Our objective is to prepare you for a life-long, successful career in Media Arts, Business or Information Technology. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible foundation that will serve you in your first job as well as throughout your career.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.