New York-based interior designer launches studio in Baltimore
on Wednesday,September 08,2010 22:09
Those who wish to learn about interior design may benefit from enrolling in art school. Academic programs for interior designers provide students with the foundation of knowledge they need in order to find a job in the industry. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of interior designers is expected to increase by 19 percent over the next eight years.
Individuals who have earned a degree in this field may want to visit interior design studios for inspiration. In Maryland, Baltimore's Federal Hill will soon be home to SoBo Design Loft, an interior decorating firm. Fanny Zigdonhas - owner of SoBo Design - recently moved her business from New York to the Old Line State.
Zigdonhas' studio will be the only furniture and art gallery, as well as design consultant firm located in this area. SoBo Design Loft will be the exclusive retailer of the Adriana Hoyos Collection of furnishings and Alex Turco artwork. Both designers create modern pieces with Latin influences.
"Federal Hill is the perfect place in Baltimore for the launch of my new interior design business," said Zigdon. "It has a great vibe - young enough to embrace something edgy, refined enough to appreciate timeless design."
Zigdon recently volunteered as a design assistant to the producers for the Extreme Home Makeover Baltimore Edition.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.