Fashion event seeks emerging designers
on Wednesday,September 08,2010 22:09
Individuals who are passionate about clothing design may benefit from attending fashion shows and similar industry events. These opportunities often give up-and-coming designers the chance to network with models and other professionals in the field.
This month, Los Angeles will be celebrating the spirit of the city with LA Fashion Night Out. The event will feature models and designers throughout more than 40 runway shows. Top professionals in the industry are expected to attend, including celebrities, stylists and fashion writers.
In addition to the runway show, attendees will have the opportunity to shop for couture, contemporary clothing, jewelry and accessories.
LA Fashion Night Out was designed to help promote both emerging and established Los Angeles-based fashion designers and boutiques. The event was organized as an outlet for brands that are not affiliated with major organizations.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, fashion designers held approximately 22,700 jobs during the 2008-2009 winter/spring season.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.