Boutique trunk show raises money for charity
on Thursday,September 09,2010 22:09
Those who love fashion and wish to use their passion for a good cause may want to attend a charity trunk show. These events often feature designer clothes and their profits typically benefit a charity or raise awareness.
For example, Stay Media and D&D Boutique are hosting a trunk show which will benefit the Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey. The event will feature the collections of indie fashion designers such as Lexx Perry, Jypsea Eclectic Leather Goods and Stay by Stacey Angela, who will donate a portion of their earnings to the charity.
"Historically the fashion and arts community in New Jersey has been underrated. I would love to a part of the process that changes that viewpoint," said Meca McKinney, founder of Jypsea.com.
Stacey Angela of Stay enjoys working for charity, and remains determined to raise awareness and funds to assist in the research of a condition that has affected her family. Previously, Angela raised $10,000 by auctioning a custom-made piece for the VH1 Save the Music Foundation.
There is no admission fee for the event, but a donation of $15 is requested in order to attend the event.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.