Government hires designer to complete cafeteria restoration
on Monday,September 13,2010 22:09
Interior designers have a growing number of employment options. Many work for private design firms, while others are self-employed as independent contractors. Those who work for themselves may be hired by the government to complete redesigns to its facilities.
For example, the Pennsylvania Department of General Services recently announced that its Capitol Cafeteria will receive new furniture and a redesigned customer seating area. An interior designer was hired in order to choose the furniture that would work best for the needs of the cafeteria's patrons.
No taxpayer money was used to purchase the furniture - which costs $151,000 in total - since the items were selected using the State Restaurant Fund. This initiative can be used to purchase furniture, fixtures and equipment that is needed to operate the cafeteria. Funding comes from a percentage of the profits made by the institution's sales.
The existing furniture, which is more than 10 years old, will be resold through the state's supplies and surplus operation warehouse. The new furniture will include 40 tables, 162 chairs, six booths, two curved half-wall booths as well as 14 receptacles for trash and recycling.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.