Hardware company hosts design competition
on Tuesday,September 14,2010 22:09
Those who wish to use their creativity for interior design may find a number of outlets for their skills. In an effort to shake up the current look of decorative home and bathroom hardware, Liberty Hardware is hosting a contest that will ask individuals to design new styles of fixtures.
The competition has three categories, which are cabinet hardware or decorative hook design, bath hardware design and alternative installations. The first place winner will receive an $8,000 reward. A panel of industry designers will review all entrants.
"We want to hear from consumers about what they see as the next innovative hardware design or solution for installation problems or constraints," said Bob Jennings, director of marketing services for Liberty Hardware. "We're looking for a fresh perspective, a cool new concept or big idea supported by drawings and user interaction illustrations."
Submissions may be illustrated in any format - such as hand sketches or digital drawings - and entrants may submit up to two different entries per category. The company's website has examples of Liberty's current product portfolio as well as a provided template as a starting point.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.