Michigan businesses awarded for efforts to improve downtown areas
on Wednesday,September 15,2010 22:09
Over the past year, Bay City, Michigan has made increased efforts to revitalize its downtown neighborhoods. In order to reward those who have made the biggest impact, the 2010 Michigan Downtown Conference awards luncheon recognized the successful projects and people who helped make the area a safer place to live, work and play.
The awards were given by state agencies and organizations whose mission is to improve Michigan's downtown and commercial districts. Recipients of awards given by the Michigan Downtown Conference Planning Committee include those who worked on small and large-scale green projects, as well as those who assisted with facade rehabilitation.
"Every year, the Michigan Downtown Conference planning partners recognize those projects, communities and individuals who have proved themselves as true leaders in our state," said Joe Borgstrom of the Michigan State Housing Development Authority. "This year's award winners are no exception."
The Michigan Main Street Center also awarded architects and urban planners for categories such as best economic restructuring.
The annual conference is dedicated to bringing the best ideas, resources and educational sessions together in order to create an environment that celebrates the growth of Michigan's downtowns and discuss the challenges. The theme of the 2010 conference is "Michigan's Downtowns: Yes, We're Open!"
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.