Environmental organization converts historic building to green office
on Wednesday,September 15,2010 22:09
In the historic district of downtown Chicago, a new green office has been built by the Environmental Law and Policy Center (ELPC). The office is designed to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Platinum certification, which is the highest standard in green building. The unique project was a challenge in creating a sustainable office in a historic building.
ELPC's new office was designed to maximize green features in order to create a sustainable, high-tech space while preserving the building's historic facade. An energy-efficient lighting system has been installed, which uses half the power of a conventional system. Also, interior windows and frosted glass were used to spread natural light throughout the office.
"We've created a highly efficient workspace that's healthy for our staff and makes economic sense," said Howard Learner, executive director of ELPC. "We've also created an example that can push the market toward a higher standard for green office design."
Throughout construction, ELPC diverted more than 75 percent of waste from landfills and used locally sourced, recycled and recyclable materials. A private shower was installed to encourage employees to bike to work, and solar panels on the building's facade will directly supply the office with clean energy.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.