Organization celebrates environmental photography
on Friday,September 17,2010 15:09
Employment of photographers is expected to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. These professionals can choose to work for private studios or publications, or freelance. Their work can be culturally impactful, or used for personal and creative purposes.
In appreciation of photographers whose work addresses important issues, the Alliance for Environmental Education sought to collect natural imagery from across the world. In response, a total of 30 photographs have been selected by Al Weber - photographer and former Friends of Photography trustee - and will be displayed at the Environmental Photography Exhibition. The show runs through November at the American Mountaineering Center in Golden, Colorado.
The Environmental Photography Exhibition is part of the Colorado Environmental Film Festival, and was formed by the Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education in order to further the goals of earth-based organizations.
The project was inspired by William Henry Jackson's photographs of the Yellowstone region, which helped convince the U.S. Congress to create the country's first national park.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.