British fashion show receives rave reviews
on Tuesday,September 21,2010 14:09
In London, the recently held A La Mode fashion show at the Charing Cross Hotel was a reported success. Press, buyers and the general public were in attendance for the designs exhibited at the show.
The evening opened with an entrance by Dubai-based designer Furne One and his Amato Couture.
Kristin Knox, fashion photographer, was seen taking pictures as models entered and exited the runway in carved wooden wedges and nude-colored dresses. Horse headpieces were featured in the grand finale.
Berit New York was the next designer whose creations were on the catwalk. Her Retro-futurism collection was inspired by the 1950's era. The collection was followed by Pakistani label KMH Couture, which showcased a mixture of menswear and womenswear.
Tom Lipop then presented his Mr Lipop menswear collection. The line was described by fashion writer Tor Brierley as a "great collection that had a really androgynous feel to it; slouchy tailoring that seemed perfect for a modern woman, as well as a man."
The show continued with Malaysia's Jonathan Liang who displayed his draping effects, structured shoulders and gold metallic breast plates. Jessica Hind from J'adore Magazine commented after the show, "I wanted every piece!"
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.