Interior design showcases may benefit future professionals
on Wednesday,September 29,2010 22:09
Students who are working toward an associate's, bachelor's or master's degree in interior design, and want to gain experience outside the classroom, can benefit from attending annual design events. By visiting these showrooms, individuals can meet and network with interior design specialists while learning about the most up-to-date furnishing design trends.
San Diego's Little Italy neighborhood recently hosted the Modul and Toke Integrated Design Centers. The two centers' showcases included kitchen decor and custom-made furniture displays created by six interior designers.
The event also featured new kitchen appliances, different stone countertops, wall papers and wall art. In addition to special events, both design centers regularly show unique furnishings made for the kitchen, office and other rooms in the home.
Students who complete postsecondary programs may be qualified for high-paying jobs, as the annual wages of interior designers ranged from $27,230 to $82,750 in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Future professionals can also practice their craft in several facilities such as airport terminals, hospitals, hotels, schools, restaurants, shopping malls and theaters.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.