Texas-based architecture school announces fellowship availability
on Friday,October 01,2010 22:10
Architecture students who have obtained a master's degree in this field, and wish to enhance their professional value, can benefit from applying for fellowship programs. In order to keep up with the high demand for fellowships, many schools are launching these opportunities, which can help individuals become more attractive to potential employers.
For example, the Rice School of Architecture in Houston has announced the application process for its Wortham Fellowship program, which benefits master's degree holders who are entering or who currently work in this field. Those who are accepted will conduct related research and teach for one to two academic years, according to the school's website.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit samples of professional work, letter of interest, a copy of their most recent academic record and a research proposal.
November 1 is the last day application materials will be accepted, the website reports.
In 2008, architects held an estimated 141,200 jobs across the country, and the average annual salary for these professionals was $76,750, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Offers career programs in accounting, cosmetology, massage therapy, physical fitness training, and more.
- Provides hands-on training led by instructors who have relevant, on-the-job experience.
- Each campus features a public salon and spa for student practice.
- Campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) and Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 11 campuses across California, Texas, Nevada and Idaho, as well as 8 additional Milan Institute of Cosmetology campuses.
- Financial Aid
- Ranked among the Best National Universities in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Faculty members include 38 Fulbright Scholars, 20 Guggenheim Fellows, and 30 National Endowment for the Humanities Fellows.
- Received $115 million in funding for university research projects.
- Student to faculty ratio of 18:1.
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and College since 1956.
- Online Courses
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.