Design students in NYC get access to Fashion Week
on Monday,October 11,2010 14:10
Those who wish to become fashion designers may benefit from enrolling in a fashion degree program in New York. One of the biggest events in the industry, Fashion Week, takes place each year in the heart of New York City.
The new venue for Fashion Week is Lincoln Center. Models, writers and designers have been quoted as saying this is an appropriate venue for their creative efforts.
Students at The Art Institute of New York City who are enrolled in the fashion design program, as well as the fashion merchandising and marketing program are able to participate in Fashion Weeks in September and February. The students volunteer at shows, completing a range of tasks for designers.
Approximately 50 Art Institute of New York City students volunteered this year for the September shows, and worked for many designers including Jill Stuart, Custo Barcelona, Victoria Beckham, Ivanka Trump, Walter Baker, Roberto Cavalli and Sonia Rykiel.
"It's hard work, but in the end, when things come together, it's such a great feeling to see my accomplishment. My dreams have come true," said Marjorie Brown, a 2007 graduate of Art Institute of New York City's fashion design program, who briefly worked in the industry before creating her own label in 2008.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.