Former rapper Vanilla Ice uses LED lighting on new home renovation show
on Wednesday,October 13,2010 15:10
This month, LED Source - an international supplier of LED lighting - will be on a new television series called "The Vanilla Ice Project." The show is hosted by Robert Van Winkle, who is also known as Vanilla Ice.
In the first episode, Van Winkle remodels a foreclosed home in Palm Beach, Florida, and LED Source supplies EcoSense MiniFloods for the exterior lighting. The EcoSense product line offers energy savings of up to 90 percent. Additionally, since LEDs create nearly zero heat, they tend to last much longer than standard light fixtures. EcoSense MiniFloods can last between 10 to 12 years. Van Winkle later decided to install them in his own home as well.
"It's great to receive recognition through a national television series. Many people are unaware of the tremendous benefits of using LED lights, and this exposure will help spread awareness," said president and CEO Marcel Fairbairn.
Market tracker Strategies Unlimited predicts global sales of general-purpose LEDs will triple to $14.9 billion in 2013 from $5.1 billion two years ago.
- Interior Design (MFA)
- Interior Design (D)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.